לעברית לחצו כאן
Home page > NetFree
NetFree is a technological non-profit enterprise which offers high quality filtering from the dangers of the internet, while maintaining proper and effective internet capabilities, through updated hi-tech systems.
The primary function of the system is at the ISP level (meaning not on the computer being used, but rather on the system of the company that is supplying you the internet service), which filters the substance of the internet even before it reaches the user.
The system is suitable for every internet supplier, in Israel and abroad, provided that the supplier fully supports NetFree, see the Requirements for Internet provider who wants to provide NetFree.
If there are no suppliers supporting NetFree in your area, it is still possible to use NetFree with NetFree VPN.
The system is built combining the following unique technologies:
- Complete closure of sites that contain improper content- each site goes through a thorough examination before it is approved to be opened. A site that has not yet been checked can easily be sent in for checking through the support system.
- Smart auto text filtering- there is a sophisticated robot that automatically detects if there is negative text on the page, and if there is, it censors and blocks that entire sentence. If there is a large amount of negative content on the page, that entire page is blocked.
- Human photo filtering- NetFree employs non-Jewish workers who check the pictures in real time, 24 hours a day. (Pictures that have already been checked are not sent back for rechecking).
- Video filtering- when a video is sent to be checked through the ticket system, it is divided into many pictures through a unique technology, and then these pictures are sent to the picture-checkers. If the pictures return positive from the checking, the video is checked and then opened.
- Google search filtering- in addition to the text censoring robot, there is another filter on the google search, sites that have been checked and closed, or sites that are closed from the robot, do not show up at all on the results of the search. Sites that were closed for that specific user, or sites that have yet to be checked show up with special icon on the side.
- PDF files filtering- each PDF file on the first time that it is opened, the pictures inside the file are sent for checking (like a regular site), and the next time it is opened, only the approved pictures will show up.
- Quick help panel- throughout the browsing, a small tongue of NetFree is popping out of the side, in which you can report on any mistake in the filtering of the pictures or the words, without the hassle of opening up a ticket.
The system is constantly being developed, both in regard to existing features and also through creating new features. If you have an idea, innovation or suggestion you can tell us here.
At NetFree you can change the filtering to fit your needs on the user interface, which has many innovative features. They allow you to set your profile which includes closing of sites according to a list or according to category. Also opening and closing of profiles according to hours, and days of the week. Read more about personal profiles in "Personal Filter Settings"
NetFree is closely supervised by the Va'adas Harabonim L'bitzor Chomos Hadas. Also the Va'adim of many Kehilos know NetFree very well and recommend it as the best filter for those who need internet. For info from the hotline of Va'adas Harabonim L'bitzor Chomos Hadas call (Israel only): 1599-550-330.
Read more about "Kehilla Supervision"